SnakeProtex™ durable and lightweight gaiters are scientifically proven to protect the wearer from the world’s most venomous snakes. Developed in Australia, home of some of the world’s deadliest snakes, SnakeProtex™ have been hugely popular amongst campers, hikers, council workers, surveyors, hunters and home gardeners — and now they are even better!
- Adjustable boot straps allowing for a better fit amongst a larger range of different boots and shoes
- Adjustable top leg straps allow for a firmer, closer, and safer fit
- A new press tab installed to clip over the zipper provides better security stopping the zip from moving
- Internal stiffener under the zip keeps the gaiter extended to full height
- Tough outer fabric and inner protective layers also makes SPX gaiters great for brush cutting and line trimming!
- Did we test it you ask? Yes! We tested our new gaiter with a machine held hypodermic needle punture resistance test (ASTM F2878-10) — it acheived 2x the highest rating; far surpassing level 5(10N), measuring a 20 Newton (20kg) force to puncture the gaiter.
With its water repellent tendencies and tough external black fabric, SnakeProtex™ gaiters now offer you even better protection from snake strikes while looking like every day work-wear and lasting the distance.
Weight: approx. 290g each gaiter (10.2 ounces each or 1.2lb for the pair).
Note: the previous Extreme Gaiter was thicker and heavier at 450g each making our new* Expedition gaiter 43% lighter and more comfortable whilst offering excellent protection. * as of June 2022
1 Year Manufacturers Warranty against defects.
Note: the new lighter-weight Expedition gaiters (introduced in June 2022) are supplied in a bright green carry bag. The previous Extreme gaiters were supplied in a bright blue bag; the older original gaiters (dark green outer fabric) were supplied in a lime-green bag, however the orginal SP gaiters have been unavailable for several years.
|Code||Circumference at Knee||Length||To fit leg Circumference||Previous Sizing|
|SPX-S||430mm||385mm||410mm||(XS - S)|
|SPX-L||550mm||400mm||530mm||(L - XL)|
|SPX-XL||600mm||400mm||580mm||(2XL - 4XL)|